Ask Red

Welcome to Ask Red!

Welcome to 'Ask Red', University of the Incarnate Word's instant answer service, where you can get answers to a wide variety of questions you may have. Have an Admissions, Registration, Financial Assistance or other UIW-related question? Simply type your question and click Ask Red or browse the Top 10 Questions from other visitors.

To get started, Ask Red a question in a complete sentence or phrase below. For example: "How do I apply?"

Our Best Answer:
I want to take a summer course at another school. How can I get my financial aid to cover it?

Financial aid for summer courses at other colleges

If you are only taking a summer course at the other college, you will be considered a transient student, and will not be eligible for federal aid. If you are simultaneously enrolled at least half-time at UIW, you might be able to complete a consortium agreement to have those hours and costs considered as part of your summer award at UIW. You will still be responsible for paying the other school. Any aid awarded by UIW cannot be transferred to another college.

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Having trouble finding your answer?

Please send us an email.
powered by IntelliResponse