Ask Red

Welcome to Ask Red!

Welcome to 'Ask Red', University of the Incarnate Word's instant answer service, where you can get answers to a wide variety of questions you may have. Have an Admissions, Registration, Financial Assistance or other UIW-related question? Simply type your question and click Ask Red or browse the Top 10 Questions from other visitors.

To get started, Ask Red a question in a complete sentence or phrase below. For example: "How do I apply?"

Our Best Answer:
What is Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)?

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is a set of minimum eligibility requirements determined by the Dept. of Education. Current minimum requirements are a 2.0 cumulative GPA (undergraduate students); or 3.0 cumulative GPA (graduate students); and a minimum of 75% course completion, including all work attempted and/or completed at any other university or college. There is also a maximum time-frame of 125% of the time required for your specific degree. For example, if your undergraduate degree requires 120 hours, your account will come up for review if you have attempted 150 hours without graduating. If you drop below any of these requirements, you will need to submit an appeal to the Office of Financial Assistance in order to receive future aid.

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Having trouble finding your answer?

Please send us an email.
powered by IntelliResponse