Ask Red

Welcome to Ask Red!

Welcome to 'Ask Red', University of the Incarnate Word's instant answer service, where you can get answers to a wide variety of questions you may have. Have an Admissions, Registration, Financial Assistance or other UIW-related question? Simply type your question and click Ask Red or browse the Top 10 Questions from other visitors.

To get started, Ask Red a question in a complete sentence or phrase below. For example: "How do I apply?"

Our Best Answer:
Why am I only receiving part of my Pell grant this semester?

Prorating the Pell Grant

The federal Pell grant requires full-time enrollment to receive the full awarded amount. If you are enrolled less than full-time, your Pell grant will automatically prorate based on your enrollment. For example, if your annual award is $4000, you will receive a maximum of $2000 per semester if you are full-time. If you are half-time, you will receive only $1000 per semester, and if you are less than half-time, you will receive only $500 per semester.

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Having trouble finding your answer?

Please send us an email.
powered by IntelliResponse