Ask Red

Welcome to Ask Red!

Welcome to 'Ask Red', University of the Incarnate Word's instant answer service, where you can get answers to a wide variety of questions you may have. Have an Admissions, Registration, Financial Assistance or other UIW-related question? Simply type your question and click Ask Red or browse the Top 10 Questions from other visitors.

To get started, Ask Red a question in a complete sentence or phrase below. For example: "How do I apply?"

Our Best Answer:
I defaulted on a previous student loan. How can I get financial aid?

Financial aid after past loan default

In order to be awarded future financial aid, you must resolve the loan default. The options for resolving a default are: pay the loan in full; or consolidate the defaulted loan; or complete loan rehabilitation with the loan guarantor and make a minimum of six consecutive, on-time monthly payments through the rehabilitation program. Once you have completed these six payments, you may request a letter from your loan guarantor which verifies your loan status and re-establishes your eligibility for aid.

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Having trouble finding your answer?

Please send us an email.
powered by IntelliResponse