Ask Red

Welcome to Ask Red!

Welcome to 'Ask Red', University of the Incarnate Word's instant answer service, where you can get answers to a wide variety of questions you may have. Have an Admissions, Registration, Financial Assistance or other UIW-related question? Simply type your question and click Ask Red or browse the Top 10 Questions from other visitors.

To get started, Ask Red a question in a complete sentence or phrase below. For example: "How do I apply?"

Our Best Answer:
What if I still have a balance on my account because financial aid has not paid out? I don’t want to have a late fee.

Financial aid paid out late

You should apply for aid and complete your file as early as possible to allow adequate processing time for our office. We do not want your aid to be delayed, but we must have your complete file in order to complete your processing. Late fees are applied after the first day of the semester and on the 15th of each month which carries is a remaining balance. You may set up a payment plan with the Business Office to avoid late fees, but you will need to make payments until your financial aid pays to your account. We will make every effort to request that late fees be removed if the error is due to a delay or error on our part, but we will not request late fee removal when it is due to late file completion or late application for loans.

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Having trouble finding your answer?

Please send us an email.
powered by IntelliResponse