Ask Red

Welcome to Ask Red!

Welcome to 'Ask Red', University of the Incarnate Word's instant answer service, where you can get answers to a wide variety of questions you may have. Have an Admissions, Registration, Financial Assistance or other UIW-related question? Simply type your question and click Ask Red or browse the Top 10 Questions from other visitors.

To get started, Ask Red a question in a complete sentence or phrase below. For example: "How do I apply?"

Our Best Answer:
How do I get a tax return transcript?

Tax Return Transcript

You may request a tax return transcript in person at an IRS Office, via telephone if you have access to a fax machine, online, or by using a 4506T-EZ form:

In Person: To find a local IRS office near year, go to and search by zip code and distance. The San Antonio IRS Office is located at 8626 Tesoro Dr, San Antonio, TX 78217. Office hours are 8:30am-4:30pm. You must have a government-issued picture ID with you to request a transcript.

Online: click “Tools” click “Order a Tax Return Transcript.”

Telephone: 1-800-908-9946, request a “Tax Return Transcript.”

Paper: Download IRS Form 4506T-EZ at under “Forms” and mail or fax the completed form to the appropriate address, or turn it in to our office to be mailed off. You may list the Office of Financial Assistance address as a 3rd party to have the transcript sent directly to us if needed.


Are you satisfied with your answer?

Having trouble finding your answer?

Please send us an email.
powered by IntelliResponse