Ask Red

Welcome to Ask Red!

Welcome to 'Ask Red', University of the Incarnate Word's instant answer service, where you can get answers to a wide variety of questions you may have. Have an Admissions, Registration, Financial Assistance or other UIW-related question? Simply type your question and click Ask Red or browse the Top 10 Questions from other visitors.

To get started, Ask Red a question in a complete sentence or phrase below. For example: "How do I apply?"

Our Best Answer:
How do I know whether I should complete the FAFSA or the TASFA?


If you are not a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident, you should still attempt to complete the FAFSA first. During your FAFSA application, you will be asked questions that will determine whether you qualify as an “eligible non-citizen” for federal aid purposes. If your application indicates that you are NOT an “eligible non-citizen,” then you may stop working on the FAFSA and turn in the TASFA instead.

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Having trouble finding your answer?

Please send us an email.
powered by IntelliResponse