Ask Red

Welcome to Ask Red!

Welcome to 'Ask Red', University of the Incarnate Word's instant answer service, where you can get answers to a wide variety of questions you may have. Have an Admissions, Registration, Financial Assistance or other UIW-related question? Simply type your question and click Ask Red or browse the Top 10 Questions from other visitors.

To get started, Ask Red a question in a complete sentence or phrase below. For example: "How do I apply?"

Our Best Answer:
Is alcohol allowed in student housing?

Alcohol & Student Housing

UIW Housing holds all residents responsible for the Alcohol policy cited in both the UIW Student Code of Conduct and Texas Law. Alcohol is prohibited in the following dry residence halls: Colbert, Clement, Dubuis, Agnese/Sosa, and Joeris 5th floor. Residence Halls permitting residents who are 21 or older to have alcohol are Avoca Apartments, McCombs Building, Hillside, Joeris (2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors), Marian, and St. Joseph’s Hall under the following conditions:

1. All residents within a room/apartment/suite must be over 21 years of age for alcohol to be permitted.

2. Residents are permitted to have alcoholic beverages in their residence hall rooms only. Alcohol is not allowed in study rooms, lounges, hallways or outside of the residence halls.

3. Residents must keep alcohol concealed when transporting it into their room.

4. No minors are ever to be present when consuming alcohol.

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Having trouble finding your answer?

Please send us an email.
powered by IntelliResponse