Ask Red

Welcome to Ask Red!

Welcome to 'Ask Red', University of the Incarnate Word's instant answer service, where you can get answers to a wide variety of questions you may have. Have an Admissions, Registration, Financial Assistance or other UIW-related question? Simply type your question and click Ask Red or browse the Top 10 Questions from other visitors.

To get started, Ask Red a question in a complete sentence or phrase below. For example: "How do I apply?"

Our Best Answer:
Can international students work during their studies?

Employment for International Students

In order to maintain valid nonimmigrant status, a student must not work in the United States, unless the employment is specifically authorized under the regulations.  However, students are authorized on-campus employment up to 20 hours while school is in session.  Other than on-campus employment, they are several other categories of employment that may be available to students.  The student should visit the International Student & Scholar Services to verify which employment option is available according to their visa category.  

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Having trouble finding your answer?

Please send us an email.
powered by IntelliResponse