Ask Red

Welcome to Ask Red!

Welcome to 'Ask Red', University of the Incarnate Word's instant answer service, where you can get answers to a wide variety of questions you may have. Have an Admissions, Registration, Financial Assistance or other UIW-related question? Simply type your question and click Ask Red or browse the Top 10 Questions from other visitors.

To get started, Ask Red a question in a complete sentence or phrase below. For example: "How do I apply?"

Our Best Answer:
How do I request a bookstore credit?

Bookstore credit

Bookstore credits are available no more than two weeks before a semester is to begin. If your financial aid is enough to pay your entire tuition and fees cost and will result in a refund, you may request that part of it be converted to a bookstore credit by calling the Office of Financial Assistance at 210-829-6008 or emailing Please include your name, your ID number, and the specific amount of book credit you are requesting. You must already have obtained a student ID card before you request the bookstore credit or it will not be active when you get your ID card. Once your bookstore credit is active, you will use your student ID card as a debit card at the bookstore or online through BannerWeb. Any remaining refund will be mailed to you by the Business Office on the normal refunding schedule.

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Having trouble finding your answer?

Please send us an email.
powered by IntelliResponse